Welcome to the Open Leasing Resource page. Below you will find important information to aid you in your selection of housing at South Campus Commons and The Courtyards at the University of Maryland.
SCC 2020-2021 Rates
|Studio||$1,300 per installment|
|1 Bedroom/ 1 Bathroom||$1,315 per installment|
|4 Bedroom/ 2 Bathroom||$957 per installment|
|3 Bedroom/ 2 Bathroom||$1,000 per installment|
|2 Bedroom/ 2 Bathroom||$1,095 per installment|
SCC Sample Lease
SCC Room Attributes
CTY 2020-2021 Rates
|2 Bedroom / 2 Bath Quad (double occupancy bedrooms)||$746 per installment|
|4 Bedroom / 2 Bath||$811 per installment|
|4 Bedroom / 4 Bath||$888 per installment|
|2 Bedroom / 2 Bath Standard||$988 per installment|
|2 Bedroom / 2 Bath Deluxe||$1,021 per installment|
CTY Sample Lease
- Review the Vacancy List about 10 minutes before your appointment and make a list of 5-10 apartments you and your group might be interested in. NOTE: Special Attribute denotes a space that requires the signing of an addendum stating your understanding that you might not be able to renew for the following leasing year
- Refer to the Open Leasing Resource page for details about installment payments, layouts, sample leases and apartment attributes
- Review the Group Leader/Individual Selection Steps Below
Group Leader/Individual Selection Steps
These are the steps group leaders or single applicants will take to select spaces .
- Go to the StarRez Portal and select the Commons/Courtyards Leasing tab.
- Select the 2020-2021 Leasing Application Term to get to the Application Status page
- From the Application Status page, click “Continue to Open Leasing” at the bottom of the screen to begin selecting your space.
- Use the dropdown list to select the Property you are interested in.
- In the Initial Selection Screen, select the building you’re interested in (the building number is the first number in the apartment number, i.e. 1234 is in Building 1), this will bring you to the Room List
- Room List: You can narrow your selection using the checkboxes on the left or click “Room Info” to learn more about the room attributes. When you’ve decided on an apartment click “Add to Cart”. Note: You will have 10 minutes to complete the process beginning at the “Assign Room” stage.
- In the “Assign Room Screen” use the drop down menus to assign rooms to yourself and any group members.
- Continue to the Confirmation page and Click “Confirm Selection” to complete the process.
Rules for Selection
- Your group must fill the apartment. (e.g. a group of 1, 2 or 3 can not select a completely vacant four bedroom apartment)
- Only the group leader (or individual lessor, if not part of a group ) should access the selection module. Please refrain from using the StarRez portal if you are not actively selecting a space.
- Group membership can not be changed during scheduled appointments. After all appointments have passed, the group formation module will reopen for group changes. The Apartment selection module will stay open until 6:30pm on Wednesday April 8th.
Following your apartment selection, you will need to provide:
- Check or money order for $300 (Lease Reservation Payment)
- Check or money order for $25 (Application Fee)
- Signed and initialed lease (including SSN) and completed and signed confirmation page
- Completed SCC Guarantor Form or CTY Guarantor Form
You will only turn in the checks/money orders if you actually choose a space and sign a lease. No money or checks will be collected if you do not select a space.
Writing your checks
- The name of the selected community in the “Made to the order” or “To” field
- The date of the appointment in MM/DD/YYYY format
- The resident name and chosen apartment number in the “Memo” field
- The signature of the check’s authorized signer
- The amount should be written in the box as a number and spelled out on the line below