South Campus Commons
South Campus Commons is…
South Campus Commons is one of the University of Maryland’s public-private partnership undergraduate student apartment communities. It is located on the southwest corner of the campus. Capstone On-Campus Management oversees most elements of the operation, while the UMD Department of Resident Life oversees the resident life program.
If there is anything we can do to assist you, please don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. If you are a current South Campus Commons (SCC) resident, please take a minute to sign in to our Resident Portal and update your individual settings. There, you can pay your rental installments, place electronic work orders and view your account information.
South Campus Commons is a community of seven apartment buildings that 2,195 residents call home. When you live at South Campus Commons, classes, restaurants, and shopping are all right at your door! Our community, located on the College Park campus at the University of Maryland, is designed for the convenience and comfort of the resident student.
South Campus Commons offers an array of residential services and amenities. Our lounges and high-speed wired and wireless internet connection make school work a snap. When it’s time to unwind, roommates, friends, and the bustling activities of a vibrant campus life and downtown College Park are close by.
There are limited spaces still available!
We have some great news for you! There are still apartments available at both South Campus Commons and The Courtyards, where the Pride of the Terp Resides! Spaces are VERY limited so you must act fast!
If you have not yet applied, please do so at https://mydrl.umd.edu/MyDRL3/Student/Leasing/LeasingApplication.aspx.
- You can use the Roommate/Vacancy Search to see which apartments are still available and the preferences of potential roommates.
Once you have been deemed eligible, contact our leasing office to schedule an appointment by calling 301-226-8001 or emailing email@example.com.
Things to bring with you to an appointment:
- Aphoto ID (Univ ID card is fine)
- You must know your Social Security Number(or passport number for International Students), but do not need to bring your SS card or passport with you
- $300 LeaseReservation Fee (check/money order)
- $30 LeaseApplication Fee (check/money order)
- You will only pay these checks when you are actually signing a lease. If you do not attend your leasingappointment or do not select a space and sign a lease, you will pay nothing
- The checks’ Pay to line should remain blank, as you will make the checks payable to whichever apartment community the leasehas been signed—either “South Campus Commons” or “The Courtyards”
- You must have 2 separate checks, you CANNOT have 1 check for $330, and you cannot use cash or a credit card to make these payments
- You will not be able to attend a leasing appointment without your 2 checks
We are so excited to be able to still offer you options for apartments in our communities and look forward to seeing you!